Saturday, June 24, 2006

I never thought...

As many of you know, Kell and I moved to San Diego, but I haven't really had a chance to spend much time there yet. Despite the stress of moving, we're glad to be back in the US and look forward to seeing everyone very soon.

I was feeling a bit nostalgic today. Kell is in Cincinnati seeing all our friends while I'm stuck in RTP, NC for work. My nostalgia was heightened while listening to Sufjan Stevens' Illinoise on my way to the hotel. I began to think about my life and how there are so many things I have done that I never thought I would do. I realized this might be a good exercise in reflection and that I might learn something else about myself. Anyway, here's the list:

I never thought I would:

live in Mississippi
live in Germany
live in California
love my job
enjoy running
complete a triathlon
want to go back to school
enjoy calculus
enjoy music as much as I do
enjoy reading
not be a republican
lose my hair
have such love for my family
have so much support from my family
find and marry a person who is so perfect for me

I especially never thought I would have so many good friends from so many different places.

I never thought I would be so fortunate.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I'd marry the male Oprah!

    *Blush blush*

    Wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete