Monday, October 30, 2006

Media Monday! Ukulele Birthday

The birthday began early on Friday with the delivery of my new ukulele. I've been asking for one for quite some time, and my fingers are so sore that I can barely finish composing my own personalized birthday song which I'd upload if I had the recording tools. The lyrics are rather simple:
It's my birthday. It's my birthday. It's my birthday. It's my birthday. Do what I want to do, eat what I want to eat. My birthday, it's my birthday. Not your birthday, but my birthday.
The taunting is a whole lot sweeter with the uke. But the lyrics aren't entirely true. I know five other people with my birthday. So happy birthday to my birthday buddies as well.

I've been playing around on this awesome Beatles site, which reminds me of this Muppets Casio keyboard I wanted as a kid. Basically tiny bulbs would light up next to the keys you were supposed to play when learning the Muppets Show song on the miniature keyboard. Same concept.

And I've enjoyed listening/learning some songs that have never been in my realm, like this one:
"Tonight You Belong to Me"

Still, with 20+ years of practice I might be able to take Jake Shimabukuro:

No comments:

Post a Comment