Monday, April 07, 2008

Tiger to Leopard Transition

To the Mac users out there...

When we got Leopard we did a complete uninstall/ reinstall/ reformatting or whatever you want to call it - not an upgrade to Tiger so as to have smoother sailing in the general operation of the computer. Upgrades are just buggier.

Anyway I was disappointed when that new install did *not* include the iLife applications like iPhoto, Comic Life, Garage Band, etc. which were originally included on my MacBook when I first purchased it. So I just took the Tiger backup discs and tried a bundle install of the iLife applications...a little nervous about trying to install older versions of things compatible with Tiger on top of the Leopard system I currently have running. Maybe this makes sense to some of you. Maybe not. I hadn't read about anyone doing this but so far it seems to have worked seamlessly for me. That is, of course, after having created only one new thing in Comic Life.

Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment