Saturday, September 17, 2005

German Elections

German elections are tomorrow. That's right. They're on a Sunday even for a culture that truly sees Sunday as a day of rest, but the logic behind it is a good one: everyone should have the time to vote since businesses are closed and everyone is off. Not a bad idea, though I think it would work against Americans to have an election on Sundays seeing as only the white collar class would have that day off. Nonetheless, it's a big election, which has a definite chance of unseating Gerhard Schroeder. Anyway, I've been walking around town looking at campaign ads and have come across quite a few like this one. If you look close enough (click on the pic), you'll see what I mean. Just seems to have a little more weightiness in Germany (and this guy is for the left).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 AM

    Hello. I just wanted to give a quick greeting and tell you I enjoyed reading your material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks. That just made my day. If you have a website or blog or weblog address of your own, I'd love to give it a look.

    ReplyDelete