Sunday, October 30, 2005

Birthdays and Ramadan

October 30, 2004 vs. October 30, 2005

Yesterday
Ryan catered to my every desire, as it was my birthday. It was a good day, complete with a cake...who knew you needed two icing cups to complete a cake?! And just as a comparison of how different last year's birthday was compared to this year's, I thought I'd post a visual.

Now the conundrum is what to do with the cake. It's a bit much for two people and I have a terrible time controlling myself around sweets, so the idea was maybe I'll take it in to my class. The problem is there's a Turkish/Muslim girl in the midst of celebrating Ramadan (the month of fasting), and seeing as she sits right next to me, I might be disrespectful putting a chocolate cake in between us. She's having a terrible time, missing every other day of class because she's too weak to come, plus is sick. I don't want to be a *test* for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment