Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I thought St. Patty's Day was this past Saturday. Turns out it was Monday. So what difference does it make if I put this post up now?

The only problem? I'm missing one other picture and I need your suggestions. For those of you who don't know the routine, I've somewhat accidentally started a series called "Renaissance."

It started with this post. Italian Renaissance portraits seem to especially have all sorts of characters, making all sorts of gangsta gestures so it's been fun to look at the "rebirth" that's happened in our culture today. Seriously...I think I could write a dissertation on it. And, hey, I know St. Valentine and now St. Patrick aren't technically from the Renaissance era, but they still have some gestures that have had a rebirth.

So if anyone comes across any gangstas who mirror Pat up there--say, holding their "greenery," pimp stick, and happen to be wearing a hood, send it my way. I've been searching and I just KNOW there's a picture for Pat in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment