I learned a very important lesson this weekend: I'm old. Among the things that made me feel ancient:
- The "High" in "Mountain High" has nothing to do with altitude.
- We were 2 of maybe 5 skiers in the whole resort (the rest were snowboarders).
- We were 2 of maybe 5 people over 30 yrs old. Apparently skis & age are related.
- "Surfer dude" speech exists on the mountains in addition to the beach.
- I remember when snow gear was just supposed to keep you warm. Now? I'm pretty sure there's probably a fashion magazine out there solely for snowboarders. My pants were so uncool...as was my North Face jacket (but it blocks the wind!).
- When I lifted my leg, I could feel my ligaments/ tendons pull away from my bones, from the weight of the skis. That was a confidence booster...
- I got tired halfway down the first run.
- I'm pretty sure I fell every single run I did.
- I was afraid of going too fast (I mean, what the ****?! Who am I?)
- I didn't want to stay the full 8 hours that I paid for.